Tuesday 21 March 2017

SPECIAL WOMEN FOR TOORO

KOBUSINGE PEACE GORRET ABWOOLI
By Nelon Gerrard Amooti


Kobusinge Peace is a true characteristic of a Mutoorokati (Mutooro woman); the calm and strikingly beautiful serenade is the 2nd runners up Miss Tourism Tooro 2016. Peace who loves dancing enyamuziga (Tooro traditional dance) became a darling of many when she made it to the top 10 finalists of Miss Tourism Uganda 2016 making Tooro shine all the way.

“Tooro is gifted with many things. Starting from the people who are kind and pacific, the conducive environment and the breathtaking sceneries that I proudly love to share with the world. But most of all is the love I have for my mother land that inspires me to tell a story to as many people as I can about the beauty and values Tooro is endowed with”, Peace adoring Tooro



Peace who is also studying to become an Air Hostess says she was inspired to participate in Miss Tourism because of her state pride and need to stand for what she believes in; that is partaking in the pursuit of making Tooro the leading tourism destination in Uganda which was bestowed upon by nature.  

“It was tough! hahaha pageants are not easy. I had to give it my best especially that moment when I had to think on my feet. But, representing Tooro at the Nationals; making it to the top ten of Uganda and being the second of Tooro was a dream come true. It proved to me that hard work pays, it really does and there is nothing more satisfying”.
“I was under the spotlight and I could feel my heart pounding in my ears. At that moment, I couldn't be more grateful and proud representing a big region like Tooro. I mean, it was no one else but me”, Peace reminiscent of her Miss Tourism experience



The promise!
I plan to meet and encourage young ladies who would love to participate in pageants but scared. I know how it feels to lack self confidence because it was my area of focus in the first days of Miss Tourism. This will be specially dedicated to the young women that want to use pageants to promote our beautiful Tooro. Am also going to continue showcasing our values, culture and our economy plus working with my fellow queens and other stakeholders on projects that will help us promote and develop Tooro as well as our Tourism City of Fort Portal.

#IamNelonTouch
#CelebratingWomen
#SpecialWomenForTooro
#TooroKokasemera
Powered by; Fortlight Limited


No comments:

Post a Comment

SLEEP ON IT

Sleeping on a movie, breathing deep but tenderly with an almost smiley face. Staring at her helplessly but admiringly in the sil...