Wednesday 31 January 2018

LOVE AND LIFE

By Nelon Gerrard
#ItsLove


I woke up to the elation of 10s of people surrounding me. Some were sad, others exulted on seeing my eyes open while the rest were covered with regret on their faces. Many thought I had died or perhaps had fallen into a deep coma that would eventually claim my beautiful life.

It was an animated Saturday afternoon, the sky was blue, the sun was searing and the cheers were hailing from all over. Smiling faces decorated the day as everyone minded their own business having fun. It was a no ordinary day for us, it was health club with swimming our main activity of the day. It was a fun packed and daring afternoon as my team and I did all the swimming stunts that came into our imagination; the sky dives into the pool and the splashing of the pool waters. Most of the fun lovers around and other swimmers had turned to spectators of our game and fun chasing.

On the dark moment of the day, unfortunately I lost consciousness while I flew in the air doing my favorite sky jump dive. My friends told me the entire premise went into absolute quietude at the sight of the spot I had landed turning red. It was blood! I had hit my head on the pool wall. Having a team of good swimmers all round me saved my life, they all lunged into the pool instantly at the sense of danger and pulled my still body out of the water with my head bleeding severely. Fortunately, one of the spectator ladies came running to where I lay down unconscious with a first aid kit. She was a nurse!

My consciousness rejuvenated slowly as the bleeding stopped while she tied a bandage round my head. While everyone was in shock lost in the mind with hardly no idea how to save my life, she slowly gave them confidence with respite and composure as she assured sympathizers that everything was gonna be fine in a few moments. My consciousness was returning fast with her touches as she checked my condition; my breath and veins. I could hardly hear what was being said, it was just murmurs all over the place. My sight was blurry. It was like a dream, I didn’t know what was happening, and didn’t know I had gone lifeless for a couple of minutes. It was all confusing as hallucinations faded my conscience away.

Finally I was almost fully conscious again, it was the greatest come back to life ever. My eyes opened to a flashy pretty faced young woman concentrating on me like a bombshell. She looked confident but a little worried perhaps because of the scared souls around me. She was the perfect light to the return of my life. Her brown eyes rolled on me and worked me better, her touch kicked any form of unconsciousness out of me and eventually made me smile again. I developed goosebumps all over me when she turned to my face with an impeccable smile after someone had tipped her I was awake. She held my head with her warmly hands blessing my cheeks with tenderness and pure calling back to normal. She never turned to anything else or anybody from the time I opened my eyes except my face.

She said to me, “You are in the best hands”. I could not imagine myself in such a heavenly situation. I didn’t even ask what had happened or why many people were around me. Her voice spoke directly to my soul and gave me a fresh breath of life. She then told me her name and asked for mine. I failed to say a word as I drowned in admiration with an adoring smile.
She didn’t mind much, she just said, “Well, let’s go to the hospital”. “Are you going with me”, I asked curiously. It was a yes to my pleasure.

At the hospital, I got to know that I had hit my head on the pool wall and went unconscious for several minutes. I nearly died as I bled so much. The heaven sent nurse was one of the people enjoying their day but fortunately had a first aid kit in her bag. She explained all this to the doctor as I listened without saying nothing. I realised she really cared about me, her voice tone and body language were so impressive. The way she kept peeking at me as she explained to the doctor completely swept my feet off the ground. I sure felt no pain at all that night until morning when I woke up in the sick bay. The pain I felt in the morning was only because she was nowhere when I woke up. Her voice kept resounding in my mind. Tears started rolling from eyes only to be distracted by my crazy friends who came in making fun of me, how I was peeking at the nurse by the poolside yet I was not fine at all. To my surprise, there she was. She showed up again. The whole room went silent as I sat up with a glowing face.

To be continued……watch out for LIFE TO LOVE next week.
#ItsLove #IamNelonTouch #NelonTheMelon #ForAUniqueWorld

 



 

No comments:

Post a Comment

SLEEP ON IT

Sleeping on a movie, breathing deep but tenderly with an almost smiley face. Staring at her helplessly but admiringly in the sil...